News‎ > ‎

Public Comments Requested on 2011 Off-Highway Vehicle Grant Application

posted Mar 18, 2011, 9:01 AM by Tony Burgess   [ updated Mar 18, 2011, 9:06 AM ]
The Inyo National Forest has submitted a preliminary application to the California Off-Highway Motor Vehicle Recreation (OHMVR) Division for the 2011 Grant cycle. The Forest Service is requesting comments on this year’s application. The funding that the Inyo National Forest is requesting is designed to improve and manage a sustainable motorized recreation program through improved field staffing, education, enforcement, motorized trail and road maintenance, and protection of key resources along 2,200 mile of motorized trails and roads. Detailed descriptions are found in the applications. The public may view and comment on the Inyo National Forest application, and all the other grant applications, on the OHMVR Division website:
Comments must be submitted by April 4, 2011. Please also send your written comments, suggestions, or letters of support for the proposed application to Marty Hornick, Trail Coordinator, Inyo National Forest, 351 Pacu Lane, Suite 200, Bishop, CA 93514. Final grant applications will be due May 2, 2011. If you need information that you cannot find on the Division website, please call Marty Hornick at (760) 873-2461.